Saturday, September 22, 2007

Flooding in Uganda!


The thunder is rumbling, the lightning flashes in the sky – and the rain comes and goes. It’s quite fascinating, yet there is another side to all of this.
The situation here in Uganda is quite severe. The Northern part is pretty much disconnected from the Southern part. As you can c in this picture from the newspaper, taken on the 18th of September – the bridge is non existent. 300 000 people have been affected, and some have been killed. “Experts say the rising waters may hit as yet unaffected areas in the coming days, such as Uganda’s central regions.” (quoting from The New Vision) People are filling bags with sand, and dirt so that they can build up some flood fencing here in Kampala….

A friend of mine in Rackoko, in the Northern district Pader said: “Please pray 4 the end of flood, it has made things difficult”.

Quoting from the newspaper The New Vision. “With camps for the displaced fast swelling in countries across the center of the world’s poorest continent, experts say the threat of disease is mounting quickly”. They are afraid of diarrhea and cholera outbreaks.

My plea to you is, pray for the people that are affected by the floods, not only here in Uganda – but also the other countries that has been severely affected. Sudan, Kenya, Niger are some of them.

3 comments:

DeKezel Adventures said...

My goodness Inger! I pray that all goes well and that the Lord would open the doors for His glory and provision! That instead of flooding rain He would flood His manifest presence!!!
I pray also that you are doing well... I love the pic of you with the babe... wish that was me! ;o)
Miss you...

Who will catch me when I jump? said...

Inger,

thank you for informing me on what is going on in Uganda. Its great to hear from you.

ty

Who will catch me when I jump? said...

ty (seattle)