Monday, March 31, 2014

Lira!

Not sure if you remember this little boy, his name was Lira (11) years old. He had fallen down from about 10 meters (30 feet) and broken his back. This happened in September/October 2013.

I just received news that he passed away Saturday. Not sure about the circumstances, but he had been in and out of the hospital since the accident. He went home during my apprenticeship at Andranomadio. Before they left I asked them, the father, if they could keep me updated on how things went with him. Lira was so happy to be able to go home, despite being paralyzed. He didn't know for sure if he'd ever be able to walk again, because of the numbness in his legs. During the hospitalization he had some feeling, but not enough to be able to walk.

My prayer and thoughts goes to his family and friends. Just wanted to keep you informed, just like I promised.  

No comments: