Tuesday, November 7, 2017

In Madagaskar

We arrived safely and sound. The flight was not bad at all. The longest flight was 7 hours or so, the last leg of the flight had few ppl so  we were able to use 3 seats or so each and had a bit of a sleep. Our stay in Tana was good. Went for a little walk that evening, and showed the team Isoraka which used to be the Norwegian hub in Tana.

The team went on to go to Mahajanga, while I went to Antsirabe.
Before leaving I met up with some good friends. We had some tea and a little snack. Then I got in the car and went to Antsirabe. Took some photos on the road which was posted on Facebook.

On Saturday I went to the hospital to greet ppl there, and was warmly welcomed. And they had just delivered a baby. Hang out with them for a little bit, before going over to the former Norwegian school. Good to c the place again. Not many ppl there, so took come photos and moved on.

I had been able to get hold of Solofotina, my pastor my dad used to work with. Had asked them to meet me. There will be about 7 or 8 of us he said. But when they came they were 11. So we quickly set the table for more ppl. It was great to c them again. Before my dad passed, he had wanted to make a photobook for Solofotina, which we were able to make. Dad approved of the book. They were sitting looking, laughing and having a grand time. Had a meal together before they all went home.

Sunday was church day, 2,5 hours in church. And after church I was invited to a friends house. Had a good time with fellowship with them.

Monday and Tuesday I've been to the hospital, helping out. Mainly in maternity. Lovely time.

We have bought mattresses for the pediatric ward and for maternity, hope that they will get here b4 leaving to Tana on Friday morning.