Monday, October 7, 2013

First impression of the hospital!

Well, what to say =). This will be awesome!

I went over to the hospital today to meet with the doctor that is heading up the apprenticeship. Had to ask a few people to find him, and they said he's over at the "block". Didn't mean anything to me, but I followed the directions they gave me - and ended up in front of the surgery unit. Ups! And yes there I saw "the block unit", had to wait for someone to come and told them I was looking for dr.H. They were very kind, and told me they would notify him. He was still cutting =). So I waited.

While waiting, there came a man out from surgery with a metal bowl, and he called for the relatives of the person in surgery. They jumped to their feet, (remind you this is outside) and they came toward the man. He showed them the content of the bowl, (I was kind of curious, but didn't go over to look, but I really wanted to) and said that there were still lots and lots of the lumps were they had been cutting. He told them that they would send these lumps to a lab in a different city to get them analysed, then they could start the treatment. Then he went back inside with the bowl, and the relatives sat down outside.

I was told to go over to a different building, to wait for dr.H. Something I did. When he came he asked where my uniform was, and I told him it was at the place I'm staying. Come back tomorrow at 8 am, with the uniform and I'll show you around. "Where do you want to work?" he asked. Which I responded, I'm still a student.

Lots of new experiences and I believe
challenges!

No comments: